Special Event Log
Click to view
Welcome to Train Festival 2009!
SARA, the Shiawassee Amateur Radio Association, welcomes visitors to Shiawassee County!
Coming July 23-26, 2009, the sounds of steam whistles, the clickety-clack of steel wheels on rails, the smell of coal smoke and excitement of children of all ages will take over the Steam Railroading Institute in Owosso, Michigan.
Visit http://www.trainfestival2009.com/ for more information about the festival.
Using Shiawassee County Repeaters during the Festival
Licensed amateur operators may use the local repeaters while visiting the festival.
Digital (D-STAR) - W8SHI
2 Meters ("C" Node) 145.240 MHz -0.600 (Will be linked to REF019C for the Special Event)
70 Centimeters ("B" Node) 444.300 Mhz +5
Analog - N8DVH
147.020 Mhz +0.600, 100.0Hz PL tone (will probably not be required)
442.400 MHz +5, 100.0Hz PL tone (will probably not be required)
Shiawassee Amateur Radio Association (W8QQQ) Special Event Station
W8QQQ will be operating a Special Event Station for Train Festival 2009 (www.trainfestival2009.com). Click for Map. We will be operating on Saturday, July 25 from 1300Z to 2200Z. We will be operating HF, D-Star, and locally on VHF/UHF on the specified frequencies below. We will be sending out Certificates to those stations that we talk to that send a self addressed stamped envelope. Please send a full size 8.5 x 11 envelope if you would like an unfolded certificate. Please send SASE’s to:
702 W. Corunna Ave.
Corunna, MI 48817
Certificate (Click to Enlarge)
42° 59' 41'' N -84° 10' 9'' W
We will operate on 20M on 14.245 +/- and on 40M on 7.245 +/-
We will be using our W8SHI D-star Repeater on Module C. It will be linked to REF019C thanks to Robert Guenther.
Procedures for D-Star Check-ins:
- We will have a roll call of the repeaters that are connected to the reflector and call on them one at a time.
- When we call upon your repeater then you may call and we will get you in then.
- We will call on the dongle users when we reach the bottom of the repeater list before starting at the top again.
Dongle users, please log into REF019C directly.
- After we get to the bottom of the list of repeaters we will start all over again for the repeaters on the reflector.
- We are using this procedure because of the problems that seemed to come about during Dayton.